Headquartered in upstate New York, this North Country company serves a broad clientele ranging from regional electric cooperatives and renewable energy EPCs, to major investor-owned utilities. The company’s core proficiencies lie in the construction, maintenance, and upgrade of electric distribution systems, substations, and transmission lines. The company is a union contractor with a strong regional reputation and a demonstrated track record of strong organic growth in recent years.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment, and systems of work for self and all employees, and to participate in training as needed for this purpose.
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements.
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Solicit vendors and subcontractor bids for assigned projects.
- Obtain multiple bids for each subcontractor.
- Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality, and related items.
- Discusses and resolves any questions with subcontractor prior to submission of final estimate.
- Select, measure and track important metrics.
- Visit field sites as necessary to do the estimate.
- As requested, attend client meetings to discuss estimates, answering any questions and resolving any issues regarding pricing and estimates. Prepare and deliver bid documents, proposals, schedules, etc.
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities.
- Accurately price change orders for on-going work.
Salary is $70,000- $110,000 depending upon experience and with competitive benefits. If this position sounds like you or someone you know, please contact Hillary Engstrom at Coryer Staffing today for immediate consideration! Hillary@coryerstaffing.com or 518-324-5678.
518-324-5678 | coryerstaffing.com |173 Margaret St. Plattsburgh NY
Coryer Staffing specializes in Temporary, Contract-to-Hire and Direct Hire staffing in the North Country region of New York State. We are a proud NYS Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and an equal opportunity employer.