If you have several years experience with repair and maintenance as a diesel mechanic and have leadership experience as well, give us a call today!! The Maintenance Manager oversees preventative maintenance and repairs of fleet vehicles, provides direction of a team of diesel technicians, implements monitoring maintenance policies and procedures and ensures all repairs are performed in compliance with all company, federal and state regulations.
- Provides direction to on-site technicians and provides direction to ensure that all repairs and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Oversees coordination, planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity while effectively monitoring the shops operational performance and efficiency.
- Provides hands on maintenance assistance and training as needed to ensure opportunity for personal and professional growth to all technicians.
- Maintains an ongoing preventative maintenance program?to set the standard for service excellence?and identifies trends in road calls and break downs; controls maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Performs inspections of outside repairs and maintenance to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of company vehicles.
- Manages professional business relationships with external vendors and maintains knowledge of all equipment warranties.
- Manages and provides leadership to team members by effectively communicating, establishing clear goals and objectives, coaching team members on achieving goals, and ensuring access to training and development opportunities that assist employees in attaining the necessary skills to achieve team and corporate results.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws regarding employment and employee safety.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be self-directed and driven to take initiative, have a High School Diploma or GED and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. It is preferred that the candidate has relevant certifications in safety training and in techniques for process improvements. 5 or more years experience along with 3 years of leadership experience are required.
Commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment and knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations is vital. Strong problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written and communication skills and strong customer service orientation are required. Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
Organized, team-oriented individual who is dependable, demonstrates leadership skills, is able to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
Full-time position starting at $60,000 per year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K offered as well.