You’re in the market for a new job, but need to brush up on your interview skills. Fortunately, our team has no shortage of tips and tricks to offer those on the job hunt in the greater Plattsburgh area. Check out the tips below, and prepare to master your next job interview:
- Learn more about the company you’re interviewing with! Spend some time reading about what they do, and past successes they’ve had.
- Practice, Practice, Practice. Haven’t you heard? Practice makes perfect! Sit down with a friend or family member and fine-tune your interview skills.
- Understand the Importance of First Impressions. Arrive early, speak clearly, make eye contact and prove to the interviewer that you will be an upstanding employee.
- Turn Off Your Cell Phone. Having a cellphone go off during an interview is unprofessional — turn it off or leave it in the car instead!
- Develop an Interest in the Job. Interviewing for an assembly position? Maybe it’s the fast-paced nature that draws you to it!
- Be Positive. Positivity can go a long way. When answering questions,
- Be Prepared to Ask Questions. Interviews are meant to be conversations – don’t miss out on your chance to ask questions.
- Say Thank You. Let the interviewer know that you appreciate them having met with you and that you’re excited about the position.
- Take Notes. Was there anything that you struggled with during the interview? Write it down. Taking notes can help you fine tune your interview skills.
- Call us. Our team is impatiently waiting to hear how your interview went!
Ready to ace your next interview? Visit Coryer Staffing in downtown Plattsburgh to meet with one of our expert recruiters. They’ll give you the inside scoop on open positions in the area, and get you set up for your next job interview. Visit our office at 173 Margaret Street, Suit #102 or give us a call at 518-324-5678 to schedule an appointment