The licensed clinician will work with a law enforcement agency to assist law enforcement officers when they respond to a call and determine if it is an individual with behavioral health and or substance use issues. The clinician will have a dual reporting to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) at CFC(Community Connections of Franklin County) and the Chief of Police at the determined law enforcement agency. This is a salaried position that requires flexibility in scheduling and at times being on call.
- Possess an active NYS (New York State) License
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience counseling
- Able to work independently
- Working knowledge of legal guidelines that stipulates psychiatric admission requirements
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- 5+ vears delivering clinical supervision to LMSW's and or LMHC's.
- Exhibits a friendly and courteous manner when working with individuals
- Able to make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendations for service planning and implementation.
- Complete follow up calls and or visits within 24 hours unless it is a Friday than within 72 hours (about 3 days)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver trauma informed strength-based services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Active Listening Skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills working with word and excel
- Reliable transportation
- Active driver's License
- Up to date car insurance, registration, and inspection
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a NYS Criminal Justice Background Check
- Not listed on the Staff Exclusion List
- Ability to make decisions within the guidelines of the agencies policies & procedures, federal and state laws
- Provide mental health evaluations, counseling, referrals, and crisis intervention services
- Obtain signatures for release of information form to speak with other providers
- Partner with all law enforcement officers to develop a process to assist officers in the field who are assisting with a resident experiencing a behavioral health and or substance crisis.
- When needed create safety plans